Dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, paleo
We are coconut lovers in this family. I like using coconut in any form, from coconut milk to coconut cream and shredded coconut or flakes. The possibilities are endless. This time I came up with this easy to make and delicious 3-ingredient coconut bliss balls to serve as an afternoon snack. Panos and the whole family really loved it. Creamy and refreshing, they were the perfect little treat. Besides, they look like ferrero raffaello coconut candy but they are much healthier!
“If you are a coconut lover, this recipe is for you”–Panos Eats
What you will need
- Coconut cream. For this recipe you need the full fat coconut cream in a tin. Coconut milk (full fat or light) will not work as it is not thick enough to form the dough. You need to make sure that your coconut cream is chilled and that you use only the white solid part and not the coconut water. If you are a coconut lover as much as we are then you should check those delicious paleo chocolate cupcakes.
- Shredded coconut. I would recommend to use the unsweetened version so you control the sugar intake.
- Raw unfiltered honey.
How I served it
I’m sure you know by now how much we like to eat the rainbow in this family. A new traditional that we have started is to serve color themed snack-boxes. Panos picks the color and I come up with a snack-box full of healthy foods from this color. This time, yes you guessed it, he picked white. So, here it is! “The White Snack-box“. In Panos eco-friendly stainless steel lunchbox I served:
- A coconut bliss ball
- A portion of air popped popcorn
- Dragon fruit flowers
- A serving of Greek yogurt sprinkled with hemp seeds
Panos loves this lunchbox and I found the little pod very convenient to keep food separate. It is great for little fingers as it is easy enough to open and close but durable on the same time. Also, this was the first time that he tried Dragon fruit! I cut it with my flower veggie cutter to make it more appealing to Panos’ eyes. He said that it is like a “white kiwi”.
Did you like the color-themed snack-box idea?
You should check out my other color-themed snack-boxes:
3-ingredient coconut bliss ballsCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
1 cup cold coconut cream (only the solid white cream part, not the water)
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tbsp raw honey
Optional: 1/3 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut to roll
- Place the coconut cream tin in the fridge for half and hour
- Open the tin and scoop out the solid coconut cream
- Add all the ingredients in one bowl
- Mix well and form small balls in the size of a ping pong ball
- Roll into shredded coconut and place in an air tight container
- Place in the fridge for at least two hours and take out half an hour before you want to enjoy them
* Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links, which means Panos Eats may receive a commission to help us run this site at no extra cost to you if you purchase something that we have recommended. While clicking these links won’t cost you anything!