If you are looking for a quick and easy breakfast or snack then this is the recipe for you! Overnight oats to the rescue. Are you familiar with overnight oats? It is a make-ahead type of dish required minimal effort. The only thing that you need to do is to mix the ingredients together and just walk away. The main component is oats which are soaked overnight with a liquid, usually a type of milk (plant based or not). The possibilities of flavors are endless and those 5-ingredient banana almond overnight oats are Panos’ favorite.
“I love how quick and easy overnight oats are. Just mix the ingredients and walk away!”
What you will need and substitutions
- Quick oats. You can substitute with rolled oats as well but the final result will not be that creamy. Still delicious though. However, I would not suggest to use steal cut oats.
- Nut butter. I used smooth almond butter but you can use any but butter of your choice. Peanut butter compliments the rest of the flavors perfectly. And of course if you want to keep this nut-free, you should substitute with tahini or sunflower seed butter.
- Almond milk. You can use any milk that you want, plant based or not. If you want to keep this nut-free then you should use a nut-free option such as oat milk or coconut milk.
- Banana. You should make sure that your banana is ripe enough as this is the sweetener of this dish. Banana is a great source of potassium, much needed healthy carbs and fiber.
- Cinnamon. I love to spice it up by using Ceylon cinnamon. Usually it is more pricey than cassia cinnamon but its health profile is better. It is packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties and boosts the metabolism. We just love the aroma of cinnamon in this household and it is by far my kids’ favorite spice.
How I served it
You can serve this dish either as a breakfast or snack. When I serve it as a snack I usually serve half portion and serve along with some fruit. When I serve it as a meal, breakfast for example, I like to serve a full portion along with vegetables, fruits, yogurt or cheese.
As you can see on the picture on the left, on Panos’ eco-friendly bamboo lion bowl I served a snack portion along with banana slices and hemp seeds. On the right, I served a meal portion along with cherries, cucumber flowers, tomatoes and cheddar cheese flowers. And of course Panos wanted to use his beloved Doddl spoon *. Have you heard of those? Doodl cutlery * is suitable since 6 months old and both my kids – yes my 11 months old included! – love them!
Panos loves to pick the veggie cutter * that we will use to cut the veggies in his plate and lately he loves any flower shape. Anything cut on a cute shape is more eye-appealing and toddlers tend to taste and eat more of it!
Panos’ favorite plate lately is his eco-friendly bamboo Shark plate by Bubba-Boo. He will pick this plate over any other! It is the perfect size for toddlers and plus he loves to put food on the engraved shark’s mouth and pretend that shark is having dinner with us! I’m telling you this plate is so smart!
DO YOU LIKE BUBBA-BOO AS MUCH AS WE DO?
Head over to Bubba Boo website and use code PANOSEATS to get 12% off *.
Are you an oats’ lover?
If you or your little ones like oats then you should check out my yogurt and strawberry overnight oats, which is full of protein, omega 3s and flavor. Also, don’t forget to check out my delicious and aromatic apple pie baked oats and of course my crunchy granola.
Banana almond overnight oatsCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
If you are looking for a quick and easy breakfast or snack, those 5-ingredient banana almond overnight oats is the recipe for you. 5-ingredients and 5 min prep from start to finish! It doesn’t get easier than that.
1 ripe banana
1 cup quick oats
1½ cup almond milk
1 tbsp almond butter
1 tsp grounded cinnamon
- In a deep jar, mash the banana with a fork
- Add the almond butter and stir to combine
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well
- Refrigerate over night or for at least 8 hours
* Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links, which means Panos Eats may receive a commission to help us run this site at no extra cost to you if you purchase something that we have recommended. While clicking these links won’t cost you anything!