This is a typical breakfast and one with great success! We love a big breakfast in the morning to start the day full of energy.
Sunny side up egg with banana sushi, vegetables and cheese.
Oh, those gluten-free crepes are just delicious, delicate, perfect for either savory or sweet combination. You are going to need just a handful of simple ingredients that you most likely have on hand if you are following the gluten-free diet! I usually have a small stash in my freezer so I just defrost them over night in the fridge and have them ready in the morning to save some time, as our mornings tend to be super busy. These crepes are more delicate than “normal” so it takes some practice to make them.
What we will need
For the crepes
- Eggs. I used pasture raised organic eggs but please feel free to use what you have on hand.
- Almond flour. It is important to measure the flour to ensure that the final consistency is right as almond flour tend to be different from brand to brand.
- Yogurt. I used whole Greek yogurt. You can use non fat but stick with Greek style as it is way less watery.
For the banana sushi
- Gluten-free crepes
- Almond butter. You can use any other nut butter or sunflower butter. Just pick the one that you like. You could even use a healthy chocolate spread.
Tips to make the perfect gluten-free crepe
- As those crepes are more delicate, it takes some practice to succeed. If you fail in the first one, just trust me and don’t give up. They are seriously delicious. Try again until you get the hand of it.
- Grease your non stick pan with either extra virgin coconut oil or grass fed ghee. The crepes tend to stick so the oil will help you to flip them properly.
- Please read the instructions and follow them to ensure the best result.
- When you pick your favorite nut butter read the ingredients. You want to see just nuts (almonds, peanuts, cashews). Avoid any added ingredients such as oils, refined sugars, salt. I personally prefer almond butter from roasted almonds.
- Use cute fruit picks to keep the sushi together. This is a fun way to serve the banana sushi to your kids.
Gluten-free crepesCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Moderate
1/4 cup whole Greek yogurt
1/4 cup almond flour
Coconut oil to grease the pan
- Banana sushi
1 gluten-free crepe
1 ripe banana
1 tbsp almond butter
- Add all the ingredients except the coconut oil in a blender and pulse until well incorporated
- Grease a pan well with coconut oil
- Place 1/4-1/2 cup of the butter to the pan
- Move the pan around VERY gently. Unlike the “regular” crepes those are very delicate and if you are not gentle they will break
- Cover the pan and let cook for a couple of minutes
- Turn the crepe gently and cook on the other side
- Banana sushi
- Spread the almond butter in the crepe making sure that you spread all the way to the edges
- Place a pealed banana and roll
- Cut in pieces and secure with fruit picks