Vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free
Is anyone ready for Fall? I absolutely love this comforting vegan aromatic fall root vegetable soup! It’s the best way to welcome Fall and add some more vegetables in your family’s diet.
What you will need
- Root vegetables. I used a medley of root vegetables, carrots, parsnips, golden beets (you can use regular), onions, potatoes and sweet potatoes. All those delicious fall vegetables.
- Coconut milk. I’m using the full fat coconut milk on a can. Try to use one that has a clean ingredients’ list with just coconut and water. I don’t recommend the one in the carton as it usually contains hidden ingredients.
- Spice it up. I used pumpkin spice and ginger. I love the almost sweet touch that pumpkin spice adds to this dish.
- Coconut oil. You can substitute with avocado or olive oil. However the coconut oil adds on the coconut flavor which pairs nicely with the carrots.
- Vegetable broth. You can use either homemade or store bought. Or if you don’t have any on hand you can use just water.
How I served it
I served a warming and comforting portion of this root vegetables soup in Panos favorite Bubba-Boo bamboo lion bowl.
DO YOU LIKE BUBBA-BOO AS MUCH AS WE DO?
Head over to Bubba Boo website and use code PANOSEATS to get 12% off *.
HOW TO STORE IT
This soup is amazing for batch cooking and meal prep. You can store it
- in your fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days or
- in your freezer in freezer friendly containers for us to 3 months
In both cases you can either store in individual portions or in a big container. If you serve this to your baby you can freeze in ice cubes containers until firm and then transfer in freezer bags.
Are you a soup lover?
- Spiced carrot soup
- Roasted cauliflower and squash soup
- Quick and easy lemon chicken soup
- Fish soup – avgolemono
Comforting Vegan Aromatic Fall Root Vegetable SoupCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
1 lbs (0.45 kilograms) carrots, cut in big pieces
1 lbs (0.45 kilograms) golden beets, cut in big pieces
2 big potatoes peeled and diced
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
2 big parsnips, cut in big pieces
1 onion peeled and diced
5 tbsp oil (coconut, avocado or olive oil)
1 can coconut milk
1 tsp ginger, grated
1½ tsp pumpkin spice
salt and pepper to taste
40 oz (1133.98 grams) (1¼ liter) vegetable broth
- In a deep pot, sauté the onions in the coconut oil until translucent
- Add the potatoes, carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, beets and sauté very well for 7-8 min stirring well
- Add the ginger and pumpkin spice and sauté until fragrant
- Add the coconut milk, vegetable broth, salt and pepper and stir well
- Simmer for 25-30 min or until the vegetables are fork tender
- When ready, puree the soup until smooth using an immersive or stand blender
* Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links, which means Panos Eats may receive a commission to help us run this site at no extra cost to you if you purchase something that we have recommended. While clicking these links won’t cost you anything!