Is anyone else short in time nowadays? Does anyone else want a quick and easy meal for a busy weekday dinners? Then, this recipe is for you! This delicious one pot chicken and rice is such a crowd pleaser and so easy to make as you just need 15 min to prepare it. And I guarantee that your family will ask for this comforting meal again and again. So let’s discuss the details.
“One pot meals like this delicious one pot chicken and rice are always a win. So easy to make and the clean up afterwards is so fast!”
What you will need
- Chicken. I used chicken legs, both the thigh and the drumstick with skin and bone on. You can make this meal with boneless and skinless chicken thighs as well. This is up to you. But personally I find that the final dish is more delicious with whole chicken legs.
- Rice. I used long grain brown rice for this recipe. But you can use white long grain rice if this is what you have on hand. I would not recommend using short grain, Arborio or basmati of any kind for this recipe. Make sure that you use a good quality rice as it could get mushy and nobody likes mushy rice!
- Vegetables. I used peppers, onions, garlic and carrots. By all means though, use what you have on hand. Cauliflower and zucchini are great as well.
- Pantry staples. Passata or tomato puree, oregano, pepper.
- Chicken stock or water.
DO YOU LIKE BUBBA-BOO AS MUCH AS WE DO?
Panos loves his eco-friendly bamboo plates and if you like our them as much as we do, head over to Bubba Boo* website and use code PANOSEATS to get 12% off *.
For more one sheet pan meals don’t forget to check out my:
- Easy one pan spinach and feta frittata
- Sheet pan butter and lemon salmon
- One sheet pan pesto salmon and veggies
One pot delicious chicken and riceCourse: Dairy free, Meat
3 pounds (1.36 kilograms) chicken legs (skin on and bone on)
1 red pepper, diced
1 orange pepper, diced
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
2 cloves garlic
2 cups long grain brown rice
2-3 cups water
1 cup passata or tomato puree
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp oregano
Pepper to taste
- Over medium heat, in a large pot, sauté the chicken in the olive oil from both sides
- Add the peppers, onions, garlic and carrots and sauté until fragrant (for about 5 min)
- Add the rice, passata, water, oregano and pepper and stir well
- Cook until the rice is ready stirring occasionally and checking if the food needs extra water