Valentine’s day is around the corner and everyone is looking to prepare a special treat for their sweet little Valentines. However, Valentine’s day does not necessarily has to mean unhealthy treats. Those easy beet bliss balls are delicious, quick to make and perfect for your loved ones. And did I mention that they are healthy too?
I love beets! However, this is one of the vegetables that Panos doesn’t like that much. So, this is a great way to incorporate it in our diet. And it is a plus that beets give this gorgeous pink color to these bliss balls. Win-win! Before we start exploring, you may want to check my 5 ingredient beet cookies for more Valentine’s day inspiration and not only.
What you will need
The ingredients for those easy beet bliss balls are very simple and most probably you have them already in your pantry, which means that you will be able to bake those right away. So you will need:
- Oats. I used rolled oats for this
- Beets. This is what it gives those bliss balls this nice pink color. Of course you could use red coloring to get the same color but you know me by now, I’m all about natural.
- Dates. This is the sweetener for this recipe. I have experimented with other natural sweeteners like honey and maple syrup but I prefer the texture when I used dates so this is what I suggest. When you use dates to sweeten a dessert make sure that you soak them in lukewarm water for 10 min so they soften up.
- Shredded coconut. Beets and coconut are best friends, trust me on this one! I used unsweetened coconut.
How to store
In the rare case where you have leftovers you can store those easy beet bliss balls in an air tight container in your fridge for up to 3 days. They are a great snack for your toddler’s lunchbox or a delicious breakfast on the go!
More healthy dessert ideas?
Do you want to see more healthy dessert ideas to make with your littles? Here are some great options:
- Easy baby friendly banana muffins
- The best sheet pan gluten-free carrot cake
- Quick and easy banana brownies
Easy beet bliss ballsCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
1 medium sized beet cooked (70 gr)
1 cup shredded coconut (50 gr) + some extra for rolling the balls
1 cup oats (95gr)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, soak the dates in lukewarm water for 5 min or until soften
- In your blender, add all the ingredients and blend well to incorporate
- If the mixture is too dry add a tbsp of water
- Form small balls and roll in shredded coconut