This was the best snack ever! Panos absolutely this easy kid-friendly berry smoothie. This recipe is so refreshing and packed with nutrients and vitamins from the vegetables and fruits. And I promise this drink will impress your little one. You will need just a handful of yummy ingredients so lets get into making the easiest smoothie, shall we?
What you will need
- Berries. You can use any berries that you want. I used a combination of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries but you can use any combination or just one kind.
- Banana. Make sure that the bananas that you will use are ripe enough as they are the only sweetener that we use for this smoothie. Of course if you want yours a bit sweeter you can add a splash of maple syrup or honey. Just keep in mind that you should avoid honey for kids less than 1 years old.
- Zucchini. Yes yes, I know it sounds strange to add zucchini in your smoothies but it actually add some creaminess and of course lots of vitamins.
Do I need a food processor?
No you don’t. I actually just used my regular stand blender to blend all together. You just need to scrape down the edges regularly so the ingredients blend well and also stop pulsing regularly to make sure that you will not burn your blender.
How to serve
You should serve this easy kid-friendly berry smoothie right away either as a smoothie bowl or in a cup. We like our smoothies on the thick side so I served it with a spoon. If you want yours a bit more runny you can add a splash of water, coconut water or milk of your choice when you blend it. This way you can serve it with a straw. In the case that you decide to serve this kid-friendly berry smoothie as breakfast then I would suggest to serve it as a smoothie bowl. It would be perfect topped with some homemade granola and a serving of full fat Greek yogurt.
What about an ice-cream?
So, here is a trick that we love in our house. We pack any leftovers on our ice-cream molds and freeze them so we have a healthy ice cream any time that we want! The kids absolutely love this idea. In case you want to make this into ice cream and eat it right away you should just freeze all the ingredients overnight and blend them frozen. This way the consistency will be very thick close to a traditional ice cream. Just keep in mind that you will need a splash of water to make your blender moving.
You should also check
The easiest kid-friendly smoothieCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
1 pound (0.45 kilograms) mixed berries, frozen
6oz (170.1 grams) zucchini
- Blend all ingredients until smooth
- Enjoy with a sprinkle of hemp seeds