The absolute summer dessert! Frozen yogurt popsicles! But not just an ordinary popsicles. Those frozen yogurt popsicles are healthy, naturally sweetened without any refined sugars and so delicious! And on top of that, so easy to make without any ice cream maker required.
What you will need
- Bananas. You need to make sure that the bananas are ripe enough as this is the main sweetener of this recipe. So use up those spotty bananas in your counter.
- Yogurt. I’m using plain whole yogurt. I choose plain over flavors as I don’t want any refined sugars on our frozen yogurt. You can use any non-dairy yogurt of your choice, coconut yogurt or almond milk yogurt would work just fine.
- For the almond butter flavor: almond butter and cinnamon. I love adding cinnamon on my frozen yogurt especially when this is paired with almond butter. You can use any nut-butter that you want or you can substitute with sunflower butter for a nut-free option.
- For the chocolate flavor:
raw cacaoand dates. I always choose 100% raw cacao powderas I love the deep chocolatey flavor. However, you will need to add a little sweetness as raw cacao powderis bitter. For this reason I just add pitted dates.
How to prepare the bananas
You should cut the bananas in thin slices and place them in a sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Then, cover with parchment paper and freeze for at least 3 hours. The prep time for those delicious frozen yogurt popsicles is minimal but the waiting time is something that you need to consider when you plan for those.
If you don’t use
Can I make this with
Absolutely! You can make both the almond butter and chocolate frozen yogurt and then either eat it right away. I personally love using my
More healthy desserts
Frozen yogurt popsiclesCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
- Almond Butter Frozen Yogurt
2 ripe bananas
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1 tbsp almond butter
½ tsp cinnamon
- Chocolate Frozen Yogurt
2 ripe bananas
½ cup plain yogurt
1 tbsp raw cacao powder
2 dates pitted
- Slice the bananas and place in a sheet tray lined with parchment paper
- Cover with parchment paper and place in your freezer for at least 3 hours
- In a blender blend the ingredients for the almond butter frozen yogurt
- You may need to open the blender, scrap down the sides and continue blending
- Split the batter into 6 stainless steel popsicle molds, this should fill them up half way through depending on the size of the molds
- In the blender, blend the ingredients for the chocolate frozen yogurt
- Split the batter into the 6 stainless steel popsicle molds to fill them in
- Add the wooden sticks and freeze overnight
- I love to top our frozen yogurt with
Peanut Butter Natsola flavor, such a great topping and all natural!
* Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links, which means Panos Eats may receive a commission to help us run this site at no extra cost to you if you purchase something that we have recommended. While clicking these links won’t cost you anything!