If you are looking for a healthy sweet treat which is quick and easy to make then look no more! Those quick and easy healthy banana chocolate brownies are perfect for you! They don’t contain any flour or refined sugar but they are full of rich chocolate flavor. And their texture is just so great! Fudgy and gooey as a true indulgent brownie! So let me show you how you can make those!
What you will need
- Banana. The star of the show! Make sure that you use ripe bananas as they tend to be sweeter. The recipe calls for two large bananas. If your bananas are smaller then you should use three.
- Eggs. I like to use pasture raised organic eggs as I fell that the animals are getting treated better in the pasture. But, feel free to use what you have on hand.
- Almond butter. The taste of roasted almond butter compliments perfectly the banana and cacao. However if you don’t like almond butter you can use smooth peanut butter. You might need slightly less cocoa though as almond butter tends to be more runny. Also, if you want to keep this nut free you can always substitute with sunflower seed butter.
- Honey. You will not need much as the brownie is sweet enough from the bananas. You can always substitute with maple syrup if this is what you have available.
- Raw cacao.
- Pantry staples: Baking powder, Shredded coconut
Tips to perfection
- Make sure that you mash the banana well with a fork. You can even put the banana in the blender to make sure that the banana puree will not have any big pieces. This way the final texture will be gooey.
- Do not over bake those quick and easy flourless banana chocolate brownies. We don’t want to end up with a cake like texture. 25 min should be enough time to set and cook properly.
- I baked those brownies in a 9 inches (22.86 centimetres) round cake pan but you can use a standard 8×8 inches (20.32 centimetres) sheet pan.
- Make sure that you oil and flour your pan if you don’t use a parchment paper. However, I would highly recommend a parchment paper.
Are you a healthy brownie lover?
If you liked those quick and easy healthy banana chocolate brownies then you should make sure to take a look on my:
Quick and easy flourless banana chocolate browniesCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
2 large bananas (240 gr)
3/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
2 tsp baking powder
(Optional) 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven at 365F (185 degrees Celsius) and line a 9 inches (22.86 centimetres) round cake pan with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas very well
- Add the eggs, almond butter and honey and mix well to incorporate
- Add the baking powder, shredded coconut and cacao powder and mix well
- Place the mixture in the cake pan and cook for 22-25 min
- Let it cool before you serve