Gluten-free, paleo, dairy-free
We love sweet potatoes in our family, it is maybe the root vegetable that we eat the most! I use all the different varieties, from white to purple to yum. We love crepes too so I thought to combine the two and I came up with these sweet potato paleo crepes. Before we discuss this recipe, you might want to check out my basic paleo crepes recipe which is even easier to make and equally delicious!
These sweet potato crepes are very versatile. You can make those either sweet or savory. For example, you can stuff them with almond butter and honey for a sweet snack. Or you can stuff with spinach and cheddar for a yummy savory breakfast.
What you will need
- Sweet potatoes. Any variety that you like. I had made this crepes with both yum and purple sweet potato. Both varieties are great! Choose what you like. If you want to learn more about this amazing and nutritious vegetable, head over to my sweet potato waffles recipe.
- Almond flour. I believe that you can substitute with oat flour but you might need slightly more. I haven’t try this yet so proceed with your own risk 🙂
How I served them
Did you ever have crepes on a stick? If not, you are missing out all the fun! I guarantee that your little ones would love this. Simple stuff the sweet potatoes crepes with almond butter and honey and cut out shapes using a veggie cutter. Cut some fruits, such as mango, kiwi, apple, banana, strawberries, with the same cutter. And create a little tower of deliciousness. How cute is that? With just a little effort, I’m sure you will impress your little ones! I served it along with a cup of Greek yogurt, nuts, tomatoes and cucumbers.
Alternatively you can simple serve them with a side of fruit or veggies and eggs for a quick breakfast or snack.
How to store them
You can either store them in airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or you can freeze them in a freezer bag. Usually, I place a parchment paper in between the crepes to be easy to defrost them. Just be sure that you lay them flat on your freezer so they keep their shape.
Are you a sweet potato lover?
If you love sweet potatoes as much as we do, make sure that you check out my:
Sweet potato paleo crepesCourse: Breakfast, SnacksDifficulty: Easy
1/4 cup mashed sweet potatoes (1/2 medium sized sweet potato)
3 tbsp almond flour
Coconut oil to grease the pan
- Either bake the sweet potato until fork tender or microwave for 5 minutes
- In a mixing bowl mash the sweet potato with a fork
- Add the eggs and combine well
- Add the almond flour and stir
- Grease your pan and pour 1/2 to 1 cup of the batter each time depending how big your pan is
- Move the pan around gentle to spread the batter
- Cook from one size for 3-4 minutes, turn and cook from the other size for another minute